A man wanted on an outstanding warrant has been charged with more than 20 offences after he was arrested in the state’s Hunter Region.
Just before 1am today (Sunday 27 September 2020), officers from Lake Macquarie Police District Proactive Crime Team attended Jarrett Street in Kilaben Bay, after reports of males arguing in the street.
A 27-year-old man, wanted on an outstanding revocation of parole warrant, was arrested at the scene and taken to Toronto Police Station.
He was charged with 25 offences including;
- Dishonestly obtain property by deception (x5)
- Drive conveyance taken without consent of owner (x7)
- Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period (x3)
- Police pursuit – not stop – drive recklessly (x2)
- Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen (not motor vehicle)
- Goods suspected stolen given other not entitled (not motor vehicle)
- Use offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention
- Not give particulars to other driver
- Custody of knife in public place
- Shoplifting (x2)
The outstanding revocation of parole warrant was also executed.
Police will allege in court that the offences were committed across the Lake Macquarie, Tuggerah Lakes, Brisbane Water and Newcastle City Police Districts since May 2020.
The man was refused bail to appear before Newcastle Bail Court today (Sunday 27 September 2020).