Today I announce new appointments of Ambassadors, High Commissioners and Consuls-General, who will advance Australia’s interests abroad.
Our diplomats drive opportunities for closer cooperation, support Australians overseas and help uphold the norms and rules that underpin peace and prosperity.
I am pleased to announce the following appointments:
- Mr Chris Elstoft as Australia’s next Consul-General in Chicago.
- Mr Jeff Robinson as Australia’s next Ambassador to the Republic of Korea.
- Ms Danielle Heinecke as Australia’s next High Commissioner to Malaysia.
- Ms Sara Moriarty as Australia’s next High Commissioner to the Republic of Nauru.
- Mr John Williams as Australia’s next Consul-General in Shanghai.
- Mr Paul Lehmann as Australia’s next Ambassador to Ukraine.
I thank outgoing ambassadors, high commissioners and consuls-general for their contributions to advancing Australia’s interests in these countries during their respective tenures.